Tiago Pimentel is responsible for providing assistance to clients in the fields of transport economics, strategy and the rail sector. Tiago Pimentel holds a Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Lisbon School of Engineering (IST), specialised in Transport, having also completed an MBA (the Lisbon MBA – Nova SBE & Catholic University – Lisbon) and attended training courses focused on transport sector investment and risk management due diligence in PPP/PFI projects – UMI – Vienna, Austria.
Tiago Pimentel has extensive experience in multimodal transport systems and mode specific studies, economic and financial analysis, market studies, transport system evaluation and optimisation, auditing and reviewing of transport sector investment projects, and development of business models. In recent years, Tiago Pimentel focused on viability analysis concerning major transport infrastructure and system projects, having assisted public and private sector clients with decision making processes. His prior experience included several projects, namely concerning heavy and light rail transport, road transport, ports and airports, in Portugal, Spain, Italy, Angola and Mozambique. R&D projects within the transport sector – 7th Horizon 2020 and Programme Framework.
Tiago Pimentel has experience as an executive trainer and delivered several presentations at prestigious national and international transport sector congresses.
Languages: Portuguese, Spanish, English and French.
- Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) and Economic Impact Assessments (EIA);
- Efficiency improvements in public transport operations: Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) and Revenue Enhancement;
- Business models for transport systems;
- Prospective analysis of transport systems evolution;
- R&D projects within the transport sector –Horizon 2020 and 7th Programme Framework;
- Public transport network design.
Tiago Pimentel joined VTM in 2003.