Nuno Ribeiro holds a Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Lisbon School of Engineering (IST) and an MSc in Transport from the Imperial College of Science and Technology and Medicine (University of London), having also completed an Executive Program – Infrastructure in a Market Economy (Harvard University). Nuno Ribeiro is a Senior Member of the Portuguese Engineers Association.
With 26 years of professional experience, Nuno Ribeiro has focused primarily on the transport sector, having worked at public sector companies and joined VTM Consultores in 1996.
As a Partner, his duties primarily consist of providing advice to clients concerning new investments and operational transport systems, focusing on all modes of transport and infrastructures – airports, toll and free roads, light and heavy rail transport, urban public transport systems, ports and logistics. Over the last two decades, Nuno Ribeiro has been involved in the most relevant transport infrastructure and service projects in Iberia, having also worked in Europe, Latin America and Africa.
Additionally, Nuno Ribeiro has taught courses included in the curricula of degree, post-graduation/Master’s degree and executive courses and has delivered several presentations at prestigious national and international transport sector congresses and seminars.
Languages: Portuguese, Spanish, English and French.
- Advice clients on new investments and transport system and infrastructure operations;
- Involvement, as a consultant, in all road licensing processes in Portugal since 1997, including agreement renegotiation and litigation;
- Involvement, as a consultant, in all railway licensing processes in Portugal;
- Provision of assistance with transport infrastructure projects in emerging markets;
- Revenue enhancement;
- Innovative business models;
- Competitive Tendering for transport infrastructure and services;
- Modelling and forecasting;
- Contract (re)negotiations, litigations and arbitrations;
- Efficiency analysis and improvement;
- Greenfield projects valuation.
Nuno Ribeiro joined VTM in 1997.