We at VTM firmly believe that investing permanently in Research, Development and Innovation (R&D&I) on our methodological approaches and tools is the most adequate way to maintain ourselves and the advice services we provide to clients in the forefront of knowledge and quality. Therefore we see investing in R&D&I as one of the main pillars of our development and growth strategy. The areas we focus our investment on are those which we believe will leverage our knowledge and capabilities to improve the quality of our advice to clients in the medium and long term.
We play an active role in 4 main areas:
- Participating in R&D projects financed by the European Commission (H2020)
- Building applied research partnerships with Iberian and international universities and research centers
- Supporting students in MSc and PhD thesis
- Writing and publishing technical and opinion papers.
Since 2012 we have participated as full partners in the following European Commission funded projects (7FP and H2020):
- SUITS – Supporting Urban Integrated Transport Systems: Transferrable Tools for Transport Authorities (http://www.suits-project.eu/)
- RACE 2050- Responsible innovation Agenda for Competitive European transport industries up to 2050 (http://www.race2050.org)
- METPEX – MEasurement Tool to determine the quality of Passenger Experience (http://www.metpex.eu)
- TinnGO – Transport Innovation Gender Observatory (http://www.tinngo.eu/)